Common Posture Problems
* Forward Head Posture is the most common postural defect that can be found in computer users and phone use.
* Round Shoulders is distinguished by the hunched over appearance it creates and is a poor posture that is often associated within the workplace.
* Rotated Hips can be caused by holding a poor position for a long period of time.
* In severe cases, long term bad posture can lead to Scoliosis, a condition that results in the spine twisting from left to right, instead of running in a straight line from top to bottom. Depending on the severity, scoliosis of the spine can have a detrimental impact on vital organs, such as your heart, liver and kidneys.
Restoring correct posture is at the core of chiropractic treatment. Treatment options treating postural deficiencies may include:
* Spinal adjustments
* Soft tissue massage
* Bracing and/or taping techniques to help retraining
* Postural rehabilitation exercises
* Stretching and strengthening exercises
Poor posture can have long term consequences. Posture correction treatment won’t just help you stand straighter; it will help your body stay strong and flexible for longer. Chiropractors are committed to playing a key role in educating Australians about the importance of managing your own health.